Family Law

Finding a divorce lawyer

Divorce is painful. You are going through the worst break up of your life. On top of that, you have to deal with dividing property and—in some cases—children. It’s a nightmare emotionally, but it doesn’t have to be one legally. If you are considering filing for a divorce, you’ll want a personable, knowledgeable divorce lawyer willing and capable of standing for your needs and helping you understand your options. Choose a Barton & Baker divorce lawyer. Attorneys Marilyn Barton and Kathryn Baker will provide you with excellent legal care and representation so that you receive the best possible outcome in your case.

Need a speedy divorce?

Especially in cases of domestic abuse, filing quickly for divorce may be essential. At Barton & Baker, we do overnight filing. When you call Barton & Baker, you’ll get a divorce lawyer who cares about your situation and who will try to expedite the legal process as much as possible.
divorce lawyer
Child custody

Although you may want to separate from your spouse, you don’t want to separate from your children. They are very literally a part of you. Naturally, you want what’s best for your children. We’ll work to give your family the best possible outcome as far as child custody.


Parents denied primary custody of their children still have a right to “reasonable” visitation in Illinois. What’s “reasonable” varies case to case and may need to be adjusted later for a number of circumstances.

Child Support

If you depend heavily on sporadic child support payments to care for your family, or if you cannot afford to pay child support payments, you need help. A Barton & Baker child support lawyer can help you explore more financially stable options.

Areas we practice family law:

  • LaSalle County
  • Bureau County
  • Grundy County
  • Putnam County
  • Marshall County

Call a Barton & Baker divorce lawyer today.

At Barton & Baker, we care. Attorneys Marilyn Barton and Kathryn Baker will genuinely listen to your needs and counsel you as to the best way to proceed. Contact Barton & Baker today.